
Here's our little silly Lucy girl, getting so big and about to turn 11 months! Her personality is developing more and more, and we laugh all the time at her funny faces, and say OH NO to ourselves when she starts yelling at the top of her lungs. She is definitely becoming more vocal, and is wanting to be heard. I can picture the look of surprise on your face as you read this. I mean, she comes from such a quiet family! I told Tyler that I thought maybe our 2nd would be quiet. I guess our household will always just be lots of fun! Lucy last week got mad at Emily and yelled "BAAAA!" and waved her hands around. So it has begun. The little baby stage has gone so quickly and now Lucy is such a big baby. She's eating all table food now and is down to a few bottles a day. She seems to like everything we give her and would eat and eat if we let her. She walks just holding on to things with one hand, so she'll be ready to start trucking soon, I'm sure.
Here are the girls ENJOYING every bit of being outside last Monday. It was 60 here and we took advantage of it. We took a walk down to the park (to circle around the park, but it was too soggy to play), and then after lunch went outside to play. Emily once again said, "This is amazing!" while swinging. She has heard me tell people that she has said that, and now that's her thing to say. I like to get on a swing and hear Lucy laugh when she watches me swing by her. She has such a silly chuckle!I welcome every single somewhat warm day in the winter, as I'm sure most people do! It's so nice to get out. I walked around the block another day with just Emily last week while Tyler was home, and I actually forgot I had a neighborhood! I get so used to just being inside, or just heading straight from the car to the house, anxious to get inside and get warm. Speaking of WARM, Tyler is heading to St. Vincent this Saturday for a mission trip! I am pretty jealous, but I am also happy for him to be able to go. Our church supports W.I.S.E. ~ Winward Island School of Evangelism on the island, and he is going this year to help do some work down there. It's a 2 week trip, but he will just be going for one. He didn't want to leave us or his job too long. The island is 45 miles from South America, and this time of year its around 90. It's where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed. They'll be able to go to the beach a little bit, so that will be nice for him. Keep him and the team in your prayers. I always feel a bit anxious when he leaves, especially to go far away.
And to top it all off, tonight on the way to church, Emily out of the blue said, "Mom, I want to see the lighthouse again!" I asked her if she was talking about St. Simons (our fun getaway in Georgia, thanks to Linda and Joe!). She said, "Ya, I want to go to the blue and white house where we ate princess snacks." She was talking about the condo and yes, now that I think about it, I took along some princess fruit snacks for her (that was well over a year ago!). She talked about how she wanted to play on the beach again. Seems like we're all dreaming of warm weather and fun this time of year!
1 comment:
Lucy is so cute! It looks like she'll give Emily a run for her money soon- if she's not already! Also- it is so satisfying to rearrange furniture....congrats on your new living room!
Post a Comment