Thursday, March 13, 2008

Little Miniatures



We have had a nice spring-like day today. Sunny, warm with a cool breeze, and I noticed bits of green starting to pop up as we passed by neighbors' soon-to-be flowerbeds. The girls and I took a nice walk, with Emily stopping every few feet to pick up a leaf, rock, or small stick and saying, "This is FUN!" One of my favorite things today was taking Lucy outside while Emily was at preschool. When we go outside, we normally go right to her baby swing. Today was different. Since she is walking now, I plopped her right on the patio and let her explore. She toddled around, bending down to pick up sticks, walking over to feel the mud and grass. She looked so tiny, and I thought to myself what a little miniature person she is. We had to go in and grab the camera. I wish I could post all the pictures. It would take my computer all day to load them on this blog!


Emily had been quiet in her room for a good while this afternoon, so I went in and told her she could come out. I was hoping for her to take a nap, but it didn't happen which is pretty usual now. I went in to find her down on the rug by her bed, with all of her barettes out. She was sticking the flower barettes in the rug and saying, "Do you like my little flower garden?" Another picture opportunity, and a funny example of how her little mind works. I think we're all excited about spring!

No comments: